2023.4.7 - supporting in English
At Studio Lights, we propose beautiful visuals and specification design for real-time graphics.
We use Unreal Engine and Unity to develop and research TV games, mobile games, CG images, and VR/AR/MR.
In the graphic tasks for game development, we contribute to the success of the project by creating graphics that attract users,
establishing a pipeline for artists that includes feasibility,
promoting practical work and mass production management up until trailer production and master-ups.
We conduct research on real-time CG and assist with pipeline creation and specification development for game graphics,
as well as look development taking into consideration processing loads, and visualizing towards the final look.
- We propose a lighting solution tailored to the game plan.
- ・Verification of necessary functions for Directional/Spot/Point lights and construction of workflows
- ・Verification of INDIRECT LIGHTING function and construction of workflows
- ・Production of lighting for cutscenes, construction of workflows for color correction, and specification development
- ・Specification creation for camera exposure due to indoor/outdoor changes and changes in sunlight
- ・Design of light intensity, trajectory, and exposure for changes in sunlight during morning, afternoon, and night.
Expression of natural phenomena
- We will create game content by specifying and implementing ENV/Effect/Destruction/Sound across various fields.
- ・Sky representation - verification and practical work on real-time sky in Unreal and other engines.
- ・Ocean representation - implementation using Unreal and other engines.
- ・Vegetation - asset creation, wind response, and contact support.
- ・Destruction/Physics - real-time rigid body simulation and pre-destruction (also involves workflow construction).
- ・Weather systems that change daily from sunny/cloudy/rainy/sandstorms/snow/wind - specification design and implementation (including rain-wet shaders).
- We are responsible for operations, management, debugging, and final quality assurance.
- ・Creating visuals from cutscene lighting, post-processing, and Look Dev
- ・Lighting design for cities, nightscapes, and levels, considering guiding the player
- ・IBL shooting, HDR data conversion, panorama creation, and in-game implementation
- ・Optimizing processing load for the product version (balancing shadow load and shader load)
Mass production support
- ・Technical guidance for linear workflow, lighting design, and destructive simulation
- ・Management of lighting/post-processing data and color design.
- ・Texture and shader creation for high-end products (from material shooting to Substance and UE4 Material Editor)
- ・Background modeling for vegetation, buildings, etc.
- ・Character creation and animation production
- ・Image-based lighting (IBL) creation using Terragen, IBL shooting using a camera
- ・Outsourcing management
- ・Proposal and consulting for significant cost reduction by utilizing GPU-based real-time CG movie production, replacing the traditional MAYA pre-rendered movies
- ・Production of media trailers and promotional videos (from shooting to editing)
- ・Outsourcing management (company investigation, operation management, checks, feedback, and document creation)
- ・Verification and development of new features and expressions
- ・Control of asset balance for drawing load and optimal layout design for lighting.
|FINAL FANTASY XVI
|© 2023 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
|・Environment Lighting・Cut scene Lighting・Lighting system Verification
|PlayStation5 / Steam / Epic Games Store / Microsoft Store
Cut scene Lighting
Lighting system building
|Studio Lights Co., Ltd. / Play Lights Co., Ltd.
Shinjuku-7 Building, 1-36-2 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
|Development of console games and mobile games / Production of 3DCG videos / Completion of 3D games' look using Unreal Engine and Unity / Lighting / Post Process / Shader development / Optimization of processing load / Verification and specification development, pipeline construction as technical artists / Graphic direction and technical advising by lighting artists
|Square Enix Co., Ltd.